September 17, 2015
Last week was a great week. Two patients came in for their annual physicals. Both of these “Wellthy” individuals brought their “Wellthy” plan summaries with them. Below is an example:
- I’m worst at some things:
- I haven’t been able to get out on my fishing boat like I used to.
- I haven’t been able to hit the driver like I used to.
- My overall golf is not as good as it used to be
All of the above are minor things!
- I’m about the same with some things
- Things that don’t concern me of affect me bother me.
- I’m always analyzing things that don’t concern me.
- I hate waste and incompetence.
- I still profile people and that bothers me. I make quick judgments about people.
- I’m better at some things (no particular order)
- I’m a better father.
- I like my grandkids better, I have always loved them.
- I think I have gotten better at managing & directing things I get involved in.
- I think my ego has gotten larger. (don’t know if that is good)
- My health is better & is a top priority of mine.
- My lower back is much better.
- I’m stronger.
- I eat better & I know when I don’t and it bothers me.
- 40 years ago I absolutely could not get up in front of people. Now I can.
- I think I’m a very proud person.
- I love getting up in the morning.
For the coming year:
- I want to reduce #1 (I’m worst at some things)
- I want to reduce #2 and make sure they don’t become #1 (I’m about the same
- I want to expand #3 (better at some things)
Last, but not least, my 10 favorite:
- Fall down six times, get up 7
- It is much easier to stay well than to get well
- There is never a wrong time to do the right thing
- When all else fails read the instructions … THE BIBLE
- The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are done
- True success is overcoming the fear of being unsuccessful
- There are no bad soldiers under a good general
- Whether you think you can’t or you think you can, YOU’RE RIGHT
- We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails
- Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder & your hand over my mouth
- PRAYER…….. The world’s best wireless service
Editor’s note: Living Wellthy means doing regular self assessments taking into account weaknesses and strength and then actively working on your weakness and building new strengths. When was the last time you did a self assessment? Why not start now?