I can’t believe:
- I can’t believe how our world has changed since the onset of Covid.
- I can’t believe how many people have died either directly or indirectly from Covid.
- I can’t believe people are still dying from Covid.
- I can’t believe that people still insist that Covid is not real.
- I can’t believe that people still refuse to wear a mask.
- I can’t believe that people still refuse to be vaccinated.
- I can’t believe that people are refusing simple precautions such as wearing masks and hand washing.
- I can’t believe that politicians politicized the pandemic and its treatments to win elections.
- 10.I can’t believe that people I call friends will verbally attack me for writing this article.
- I can’t believe that the cost of everything has skyrocketed.
- I can’t believe that small mom and pop businesses are closing because they can’t find the workers they need to stay open.
- I can’t believe that people believe that what they read on the internet is the gospel.
- I can’t believe that our country is coming apart at the seams.
- I can’t believe that Covid was an act of nature.
- I can’t believe that I don’t have an office to go to in the morning.
- I can’t believe I don’t have patients to care for in their times of need.
- I can’t believe that illness is slowly stripping me of everything I hold dear.
- I can’t believe that there is nothing I can do about anything!
- I can’t believe . . . .
This list can go on forever.
There is not much I can believe.
I can believe:
- I can believe we need to be vaccinated.
- I can believe that masking may do very little to control this beast but is a fairly harmless intervention.
- I can believe that we can’t give in and let Covid run freely amongst us.
- I can believe that we can get the politics out of disease management by refusing to listen to the politicians.
- I can believe that we can stop the bickering and accusations surrounding vaccines and treatments of Covid by listening to the medical authorities and not the internet.
- I can believe that the designers of the internet use their vast powers to brainwash people.
- I can believe that we are heading for an uncivil war and it may be unstoppable at this point.
- I can believe that the political parties are as guilty as the internet, serving their own interests and not those of the people.
- I do believe that first and foremost I am a person, not a democrat and not republican.
- We are a republic made up of people wanting to be free and prosper, not red states and blue states.
- Journalists need to report the news, not create it. They need to pull us together, not fuel the fire.
I HAVE SPENT A LIFETIME BEING A PHYSICIAN AND HEALER. THE FIRST STEP IN FINDING A CURE FOR WHAT AILS YOU IS TO RECOGNIZE YOU HAVE AN ILLNESS. WE, AS A SOCIETY, HAVE A LIFE-THREATENING ILLNESS.
THE SECOND STEP IS TO FIND THE CAUSE/CAUSES. THE ABOVE LISTS ARE ONLY THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG. FEEL FREE TO ADD TO THIS LIST.
THE THIRD STEP IS TO DESIGN A TREATMENT COURSE. LOOKING BACK IN HISTORY, YOU’LL FIND THAT ALL GREAT EMPIRES COME TO AN END. I THINK OUR ILLNESS IS TERMINAL AND THAT WE ARE ON LIFESUPPORT. I HOPE I’M WRONG. TREATMENT ENTAILS COMING TOGETHER AS ONE AND FINDING THE TRUTH.
UNFORTUNATELY, IF I’M RIGHT, I’M GOING TO LOSE FRIENDS AND CATCH A LOT OF SHIT FROM A LOT OF PEOPLE FOR PUBLISHING THIS.
There is no joke today. This is not a laughing matter.